The diary of a .NET Developer, working on an unlaunched startup project. Also, I live and work in Southern Oregon.

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

How to follow high traffic twitter conversations

I have tried to follow a few high traffic twitterers and quickly had to stop.  I'm talking about people like @codinghorror, that update every five minutes.  Follow a few of these and your twitter page becomes overrun pretty quick.

To follow people like this, I subscribe to their updates via RSS feed, and view them in Google Reader.  




This works OK, but it's a little awkward to follow conversations.  I found a tip today from @shanselman that fixed this!

To follow @codinghorror's conversation, use search.twitter.com and search for their nickname,  and subscribe to that page!

For example:

and you can subscribe to this RSS
  

Now my Google Reader has a exact conversation stream.   It works perfectly!!


No comments:

Post a Comment